The Ruby Princess Fallout

There had to be fallout from the absolute disgrace of the total mishandling of the Ruby Princess debacle. And its a horror story all of its ownpeople need to hang over this. How and why the State of NEW South Wales ever got involved is quite beyond me. It is as a ship at sea entering Australian waters a Commonwealth Government issue only. Scott Morrison has a lot to answer for over this. Please read the article, it beggars belief. We now have COVID19 rampant in Australia now thanks to these imbeciles.

Coronavirus cases in SA rise by 38, with half linked to Ruby Princess cruise ship

Several people walking past a large ship, as the Sydney Harbour Bridge can be seen in the backgroundPHOTO: Passengers disembark from the Ruby Princess at Circular Quay on March 19. (AAP: Dean Lewins )

South Australian health authorities say the Ruby Princess is continuing to drive new coronavirus cases in the state, with half of the latest positive tests linked to the cruise ship.

Punti chiave:

  • Sixty of the state’s 235 cases are linked to cruise ships
  • That includes 44 linked to the Ruby Princess — 19 in the past 24 hours
  • A man aged 50 with coronavirus is receiving treatment in intensive care

The state has now recorded 235 COVID-19 cases — an increase of 38 since yesterday, including another patient in intensive care.

The South Australian public would be interested to know 19 of these cases are from the cruise ship the Ruby Princess,” chief public health officer Dr Nicola Spurrier said.

In total we’ve had 60 people in South Australia who’ve had COVID-19 they’ve contracted on a cruise liner.

About 2,700 passengers disembarked when the Ruby Princess docked in Sydney last week.

The move prompted a war of words between federal and state authorities, with the Australian Border Force commissioner critical of the NSW Government.

però, Dr Spurrier would not be drawn on whether the situation had been mishandled.

I would never say I was disappointed or upset because this is a really difficult situation for all of us,” lei disse.

“[Passengers] were provided with information about their requirement to self-isolate. I certainly haven’t been told people in South Australia haven’t been following that advice.

They’ve been coming forward, when they’ve become symptomatic they’ve got tested.

Man aged 50 in intensive care

A third coronavirus patient is now receiving treatment in intensive care.

We have had unfortunately one more person who has required admission to intensive care and that’s a 50-year-old man and my thoughts are with his family at this time,” Dr Spurrier said.

Two other men, aged 68 e 76, remain in intensive care andare still considered to be in a stable condition”.

SA Health chief public health officer Dr Nicola Spurrier addresses the media.PHOTO: SA Health chief public health officer Dr Nicola Spurrier (left) addresses the media. (Notizie ABC: Michael Clements)

An 11-month-old at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital and a 10-year-old were among the state’s cases, SA Health confirmed.

SA Pathology has now conducted 22,000 tests and a new dedicated hotline (1800 253 787) for information on COVID-19 has been established.

Dr Spurrier said it was for thosewho are concerned they may have symptoms and want to seek help and want to know where the best place to go is”.

It’s also for people in self-isolation who may have queries about that process,” lei disse.

Last week, a group of 10 American tourists in the Barossa Valley tested positive — but that number has jumped to 16.

Dr Spurrier said she was not aware of anyone being fined due to breaches of new regulations.

fonte: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/half-new-sa-coronavirus-cases-linked-ruby-princess-cruise-ship/12093554

Elect one clown and you will get the whole circus

Please make any comments you wish to make in the forum follow this link